Friday, October 12, 2012

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Well, now that I'm resting, I've decided to REVIVE the blog. We'll see how long it lasts with these babes on the way! I'm currently 33 weeks pregnant with our baby miracles. I never thought my body would hold TWO babies! I have to say, I do think I've enjoyed this pregnancy more than my first! So, here's the good, bad, and ugly part of being pregnant with twins :)

The Good

  • Feeling two little miracles moving around inside! I felt these babies WAY before I felt Maddex and it's been nonstop movement ever since. Now, it feels like there are aliens in there! It's really fun to watch my stomach move with all of the elbows, knees, feet, arms, pushing against me.
  • Two healthy babies. I am in awe of the Lord's goodness every time we have an ultrasound! To see two healthy babies on the screen amazes me. He has blessed us so tremendously!
  • Bed rest (well, restricted activity for now)! It's only been a couple of days, but it's been wonderful to get some extra rest as we prepare for the babies' arrival. I've been able to get up in the morning while Maddex still sleeps and work on a Beth Moore study and spend precious time with the Lord. I'm praying this time I have now will build a habit in me that can continue after the babies' birth and I return to work.
  • The blessings that have been poured on us by our sweet friends and family. We have already been blessed so much with gifts, diapers, meals, and offers of help. The Lord has provided us with so many sweet blessings and we know He will continue to provide for us through this season. Jehovah Jireh!
The Bad
  • Gestational diabetes! I'm so ready to be able to eat WHAT I want WHEN I want! It really hasn't been as bad as I've expected, but I'll be thankful for the day when I don't have to prick my finger 4 times a day! Bring on the carbs! :)
  • Discomfort. The bigger I get, the harder it is to be comfortable. However, I'm still sleeping OK which I know is not the case for most people pregnant with multiples at this point. I am VERY thankful that I'm able to sleep!!
  • Bed rest! Although it's mostly a GOOD thing, I do find it difficult to allow others to do things for me (case in point - when I HAD to whisk the roux for gumbo the other night - I just couldn't allow Mitch to do it!). I am really trying to relinquish control to others and allow them to serve me. Mitch has been amazing at working all day, taking care of Maddex, and doing all the chores. I'm so thankful for a wonderful husband!
The Ugly
  • Stretch marks. That's about the only ugly part. Although I apparently am small for twins, my belly has stretched way more than with Maddex. I keep rubbing my butter on there though & hope those suckers go away after the twins are born!

We are so thankful for our sweet baby blessings! Please pray for us as their arrival approaches. We are praying for healthy babies who can come home immediately! Please pray that the Lord continues to provide us with rest as we prepare for their arrival along with the weeks that follow their birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment