Wednesday, October 17, 2012

All our bags are packed...

We're ready to go! I'm trying not to let my return to work stifle my new talent for blog writing, so here I am! I finished doing all of our packing this evening - each baby, Maddex, and my bag. Mitch is on his own! At least now we won't be in (too much of) a tizzy when these babies decide to arrive. Of course we still haven't installed/loaded their car seats, made any definite plans for Maddex, or finished several chores around the house, but who says you're ever ready?!?

Now, for an embarrassing moment. Last night I was honored at the school board meeting for teacher of the year. When my name was called, I got up to walk proudly down the aisle. Apparently I'm huge and must have waddled my way up in front of hundreds because all I could hear were giggles from the audience! They laughed at me! I felt my face turn red immediately, but proudly shook the superintendent's hand, took my picture, and waddled my way to stand with the other honorees. Mitch claims there was just a murmur, but I'm certain I heard giggles. Now, if that wasn't enough...I was called up again for parish teacher of the year. Insert more snickers and murmurs. Then, insert more snickers and murmurs when I waddled up a third time to be honored for regional teacher of the year! I just did not realize that my appearance is that shocking and hilarious! Is it???

Good news is a woman in front of me called me a "queen" for having Maddex, another on the way (I didn't even tell her I got 2 cookin'), and all of my accomplishments. I'll just bask in her compliment and forget all of the embarrassment!

To prove this event took place, here's a picture of me after the first waddling with the superintendent and other middle school TOYs.

No comments:

Post a Comment