Sunday, October 28, 2012

Daddy's girl

Well, I guess it's fitting to follow up my post about Mitch's amazingness with one about Maddex's recent change in favoritism. This girl has been a mama's girl since day ONE. She has, of course, always loved her daddy, but she was definitely my girl. This past week or so she has just been all out of whack - you've read the posts about her lack of sleep. This continued last night when she woke up screaming at 1:00 and would not go back down. Mitch slept with her on the couch most of the rest of the night. This was after her refusal of a nap yesterday and followed by refusal of a nap today! After close to an hour of screaming & jumping in bed, Mitch went to get her. He tried to pass her off to me, but she did NOT want her mama! I believe the switch from mama's girl to daddy's girl has officially taken place. Minutes after he got her, this is what happened...

Daddy's girl

I knew this would happen eventually, and I am thankful that she's taken to him a bit more before the twins arrive. I'm sure she's sensing something is different (after all - her mom is always on the couch) and that's why she's being a crazy sleeper. She's going to have lots of good quality time with her daddy muffin in the coming months and lots of mommy sharing to do. I have to tell you, nothing melts my heart more than looking at that picture. Of course, my emotional self was crying just looking at how sweet they were lying there together. Love my sweet family - can't wait to add 2 more!!!

Daddy and his girl at the punkum patch


My sweet pumpkin at the patch


No comments:

Post a Comment