Wednesday, January 2, 2013

13 goals for 2013

I'm not usually a "New Year's Resolution" kind of girl, but I thought I'd follow up my post from the other day with some goals for 2013. Thirteen is a lot of goals, but I'll try to make it.

1. Plan a fantastic party for Maddex's 2nd birthday and actually enjoy myself :)

2. Survive this semester: working full time, my final graduate class (which is supposed to be a doozy), and baby twins. I just may not make it :)

3. Graduate with my Master's degree.

4. Find at least one new way to be generous and give out of what the Lord has blessed us with.

5. Continue to blog amidst the craziness.

6. Have a short vacation or getaway with just my baby daddy.

7. Determine the best course of action for my job. With the completion of my degree this spring, my credentials & experiences may open some doors for other positions. However, I really enjoy my job right now - I teach with great people and love the 1:1 program. I'm really comfortable - which may be the reason I need a change.

8. Invite at least 5 people to our new campus at Fellowship Church South Ascension. I know 5 is a low number, but this is something I struggle with, so gotta start somewhere, right? If you're reading this, you're invited! Boom! Goal met! Just kidding :)

9. Lose about 10 pounds. I am fortunate to have almost immediately lost most of my baby weight, but there are still some pounds to go. I'd like to fit in my clothes!

10. Build up our savings account and emergency fund.

11. Develop a consistent and disciplined time with the Lord. I'm embarrassed that this goal is so low on my list! I'm going to set it as priority in my mind!

12. Plan an awesome first birthday party for the twins. And enjoy myself :)

13. Invest in one friendship for the purpose of accountability.

Wow, that was easier than I thought it would be! Now that I've put these goals out in cyberspace, I will be held accountable! It will be fun, or not, to look back at the end of the year and see what I've accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment