Thursday, January 3, 2013

Take that wubbanub

So we spent a glorious day out yesterday to run a few errands with the twins (thanks Nana for entertaining Maddex)! One of those errands involved a trip to Babies R Us. Harper enjoys a pacifier every so often and Major will sometimes partake. They seem to prefer those round ones like the hospital gives that bounce and roll everywhere. We have lost several pacis due to such bouncing and rolling. I decided it was time to invest in one of those little animals that holds on to the paci, so off to BRU we went. I had a couple things to return and some store credit to use, so Mitch stood in line while I went to grab the furry creatures.

Lo and behold, to our luck, they had 2 red wubbanub dogs left! They even came with a pacifier! Awesome. I headed to meet Mitch and showed him my find. He asked how much they were and I told him $11 each. He promptly informed me as to how utterly ridiculous that was! He claimed he could make something similar for way cheaper and was not OK using our credits for this invention. I laughed at his passion against the wubbanub and went to put them back. We did our returns and simply bought a new pack of pacifiers.

Sidenote: I used the mother's room to nurse the twins. It was very convenient, but nasty. The walls were covered in dust and the rocker was all stained. We sat on the small couch instead.

Fast forward to today: Superdad kept all the kids while I went to the dentist. I came home and he was hard at work on his creation. We had discussed using some lovie blankets one of my sweet dance team girls gave me and some little tigers our friends gave us. Mitch secured a round, bouncy pacifier to each lovie and tiger. Tada! Homemade wubbanubs! I must say that ours are much cuter and cheaper than those small red stuffed dogs.

Pictures below of Mitch's creation.

3 of Mitch's creations. There's one more tiger w/ a green paci.

Harper enjoying her paci attached to lovie. We have decided to call them "bub rubs"

No comments:

Post a Comment