Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!

A friend posted the 10 best things about 2012 on his Facebook status, so I'm going to copy that idea for this blog post. I think I'll do the 12 best things in honor of twenty TWELVE, get it?

1. Maddex turned ONE!
2. Watching Maddex meet all kinds of milestones and become a sweet little chatterbox. I'm already missing the words and phrases she's outgrown!
3. Growing closer to the Lord and one another with my life group ladies. I love sharing life with these sweet women.
4. Speaking of life group...having them introduce me to Duck Dynasty. I love that show.
5. Achieving teacher of the year at the school, parish, and regional level. I was so honored and had such a great experience!
6. Getting to feel the Lord's leading in some big decisions. Last spring I prayed about making some choices to change schools and positions. I felt like the Lord told me to stay at DMS and soon after found I was expecting twins. A different position would have been very difficult to manage with the babies.
7. Having TWINS! Being able to experience the pregnancy and birth of these babies and everything that came along with it!
8. The faithfulness of the Lord. I've mentioned this several times, but he has been so faithful to provide for us financially and with energy as we've begun this journey of twin parenthood. We have been so blessed!
9. Watching several friends experience the miracle of parenthood. I've seen several friends who struggled with infertility, and I had the privilege of praying for, come to be parents during this year. I am looking forward to this same miracle in the lives of more friends during 2013!
10. Being a part of the new work of Fellowship Church South Ascension. I'm so excited to see what God has in store for our new church this year.
11. Developing and strengthening friendships. I've been able to get to know several friends much better over the past year and they've been such a blessing to me.
12. Starting this blog! I've loved having somewhere to record my thoughts, feelings, and experiences. And I love sharing this journey with you! I really have started to miss blogging when I don't get around to it.

I'm so looking forward to what is in store for our family of FIVE in 2013!

*Here's an update from my previous post: I think we are past a difficult few days. We had a good night last night (by good night I mean the babies were up every 3 hours and went back down pretty easily - no excessive crying or feeding really often) and have had a great day today. I am hoping we are in for a better week! I met another twin mom yesterday who has a daughter and twins 20 months apart (ours are 21 months apart). She told me its like a roller coaster - things get tough, you adjust, and it gets better, then starts over. I am hoping we are on a calm part of the roller coaster for a while!

Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment