Saturday, November 17, 2012

Twin Facts

So I told our sweet dinner bringers earlier tonight that I just don't have much to blog about right now when it comes to the twins. I soon realized that I was totally wrong! It's true that, at this time, they basically eat, poop, and sleep, but I think there's a lot more to my two tiny people than those three habits. Here's a little rundown of what my baby twins are like (as far as I can tell at 9 days old)...

Harper Elle


  • Harpy was born last, so she is our youngest, babiest girl.
  • Since she came out 2nd, she didn't spend as much time in the birth canal. This has caused her to be more mucusy (if that's a word) the first few days of life. She definitely spit up more and was more fussy during those first few days.
  • Harper is a nursing champ. She's usually fairly easy to wake up and seems to get her fill at each meal.
  • I have nicknamed her "Snorts" because she is always snorting like a little piggy! I think it may have to do with her having more mucus or the constant boogers I'm getting out of her nose!
  • She is still slightly more high maintenance than her twin brother. She likes to be snuggled so sleep a little bit more than he does.
  • In case I haven't mentioned it before, Harp is Maddex Jr. She looks just like big sis!
  • Harper has had some jaundice, but not enough to be treated (thankfully! b/c those bilibeds are a pain!)
  • I think Harper will be our blonde child. She has the lightest hair right now of all three kids and I am assuming it will likely get even lighter as it really starts to come in. Mitch and I were both blonde for years, so it's likely we could have a blondey.
  • Surprisingly, she has given me more trouble with diaper changes! Harper has pooped and peed during several diaper changes!


Major Joseph

  • Major is technically our middle child. He was a tad bit smaller than sis at birth, but seems to be catching up to her quickly.
  • This boy makes the best faces! I have more pictures of him than his sister because he's always making the funniest faces when he's falling asleep. My favorite involves him pursing his lips to get some kisses from mommy.
  • Major has the darkest & most hair of all of our kids. Of course that doesn't mean he has a lot of hair - we are destined to have bald kids!
  • Major's nickname is "Squirts" because the boy poops every time he eats. And you can always hear when he poops!
  • Maj is the one to wake when he's hungry. When I hear stirring or fussing in the middle of the night, it's always him. BUT he is a lazier eater and I usually have to work harder to wake him and keep him awake during a feeding.
  • He is our calm child. He's almost always awake after eating and will let me put him down wide-eyed. He'll eventually fall asleep after laying there. Let's ALL pray this habit continues!!!
  • The last 2 nights Major has spit up during the night and he seems to be trying to get it on his sister :) It was in her hair the first night! Boys are gross.
  • I love having a little boy. He just melts my heart every moment I hold him.


I am so excited to see how their personalities develop over the next few weeks. They love sleeping swaddled and next to one another. We currently have their pack & play mattress with a slight incline and I think that is helping them sleep peacefully. I'm curious to see what happens as they start to spend more time awake over the next few weeks and months. Perhaps their personalities will be somewhat similar to their newborn ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment