Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The big day

We went for our check-up yesterday and finally scheduled these babies' birth! Looks like Monday morning will be the big day if the babes don't come before then! Here's a run-down of our appointment yesterday.

-Babies looked great on the ultrasound. Fluid levels were great and Harper has flipped to head down!!!! This is huge b/c I'm hoping for a vaginal delivery & NO c-section!
-Major measured 5 lbs 7 oz & Harper was 5 lbs 15 oz. The tech had trouble getting all of Major's measurements, so she didn't feel that the weight was incredibly accurate.
-Accurate weight or not, he's measuring in the 13th percentile, so the maternal fetal doc recommended delivery between 37 & 37.5 weeks.
-Despite Major's small size, his head is in the 90th percentile. Typical Crain kids w/ big heads :)
-I am still about 2-3 cm dilated. Major's head is very low. The doctor asked Mitch if he wanted to feel it. That may be TMI, but it was hilarious.
-We scheduled the induction for Monday morning - I will be 37 weeks, 4 days. Hopefully Harper will stay head down until then!! We will deliver in the OR just in case she turns and they end up having to do a c-section. PLEASE pray this doesn't happen!

I think that covers all the stats from yesterday! I voted before our appointments, and then we went to Target afterwards. It was a short trip but completely wore. me. out. After resting for a few hours, I felt better, but I was really struggling! I've wanted to declare myself off of bed rest since we're so close to the end, but I don't think it's physically possible for me to do much more than sit these days!

Check out these heads (excuse the glare)! Major's head is on the right & Harper's on the left. You can tell how much bigger his is than hers!!!! Sometimes I STILL can't believe there are TWO babies in there!

Gotta give another shout out to my husband for my treat yesterday! He loaded Maddex up to go get me a coke icee while I took a bath. It was amazing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment