Friday, June 14, 2013

The Beach

Well, the Lord saw it fit for this mama to get some time away for a little R& R. My awesome friends set up a beach trip for us, and I actually anticipated the trip with a lot of anxiety. The timing just wasn't seeming right - the babies were waking up often at night and not napping well. They were generally more fussy between their mix of overtiredness and the beginning stages of teething. Thankfully, in the days before we left, their sleeping patterns got better and I became extremely eager to take a short break!

Our trip was great!! We ate, shopped, sat on the beach, slept, talked, and laughed. Those are just about all of my favorite things!! I enjoyed a couple of nights of uninterrupted sleep while my sweet husband got up with the babies at home. I felt like this trip was the perfect mix of too short and too long. I would have loved another day of nothingness on the beach, but I was so ready to be home snuggling my babies.

I walked away from the trip with a couple of good deals (an $11 romper, $3 sweater, and $2 sunglasses), an amazing airbrushed oversized tank top (not a good deal), a wicked sunburn (for the record, I hate being burned and applied sunscreen religiously...we figured out mine must have been bad bc I was so burned!), and a new hairdo! We found a random place on our last day and got my haircut in a new, short 'do. I'm sure y'all are dying to know how I treated my sunburn - well, I sprayed myself with breastmilk, of course! I did some googling about the miracles of breastmilk, and multiple sources said it would help a sunburn. Well, it didn't. Thankfully, I'm so tired that I still slept pretty good despite my burns!

I was so thankful for the break, but it's been a rough few days since we've been back! We are just in the midst of teething and I have three cranky babies in my house. I'm ready for another trip ;) Honestly, I have to say that one of the best parts of me going away is that the babies have begun to sleep longer! Without me here, the babies did a little crying at night & some early morning bottles w/ daddy. Their sleeping patterns have greatly improved (despite the teething) since then and I am surely enjoying the longer nights of sleep that I'm getting!!!

Here are a couple of pictures from our trip!





No comments:

Post a Comment