Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Favorite day of summer so far

As the title says, today has been my favorite day of summer! The babies had a pretty good night and have napped well. It's amazing how much better a day can go when everyone is well-rested!

The day started off with Maddex and I attending a princess breakfast at the Mall of Louisiana. My friend Jennifer sent me the information a while back about this, and I was sure Maddex would love it! I signed myself, Maddex, Jennifer, Audra, and Carrie & Carly up to go. The event was AWESOME! The girls made little crowns and could take pictures with princesses (aka pageant queens). They could also get a princess makeover (hair done & make-up), but our girls weren't quite old enough for that. We sat down to eat and breakfast was delicious. I believe it was provided by Copeland's. We had bacon, potatoes, a muffin/scone thing, eggs, fruit, and cupcakes! Maddex's favorite was the bacon and fruit...and of course, the cupcake! The girls ran around and played for a while after they ate - such energy! The proceeds benefitted the Big Buddy program, so we were able to have a good time and help out a local cause. This is one of my favorite things I've been able to do with Maddex! Here are pictures from our morning:
Maddex and Carly

Maddex sporting her crown. She spelled her name all by herself ;)

Three best friends (this was about as good as we could get three two-year-olds to take a picture!)

BFFs

With a princess

Every princess eats bacon

And a cupcake!

Princess Maddex did not want to take a picture with Queen mommy :)

As good as we could get!

Sweaty from running around & crown dye on her forehead!

Maddex and I came home to some sleeping babies who took a GREAT nap! Soon after the babies woke up we headed back out so I could go pick up a book from the library. I loaded the babies in the double stroller and we made a quick trip inside. Maddex did so good walking by me in the parking lot and whispering inside of the library. I hope that we can go back for some story time this summer...we'll see!

We came home and it was time for lunch & naps. By 2:00 all three kids were down for a nap! Then, they all napped at least an hour!!! Major has not been a great napper lately, so for him to take two naps for over an hour in one day is AH-MAZING! I felt so accomplished in that hour - I was able to pay some bills, write a couple of cards, compose a letter to (hopefully) get out of jury duty next week, and place an order with Azure Standard (a company that delivers natural, organic, earth-friendly foods and products to various sites around the country).

Major man woke up first and helped me make some cupcakes. Look at this ADORABLE helper I had!!



My little helper

Cutest assistant!

Towel head

Mmmmmm Major makes yummy cupcakes

Once everyone woke up, Princess Maddex got to partake in a sucker from her goodie bag from this morning.



Princess sucker


The babies practiced sitting and rolling around. Major rolled over to Harper and just grinned and grinned at her :). She talked gibberish to him in return.


Sitting!!


We love each other

Maj is always grinning at his sister!



Overall, the babies have been less fussy and more content to play alone (and a little with each other) without being held. This makes for a MUCH happier mama!!!


We played outside for about thirty minutes, and now Major is down for a nap while the girls watch Cinderella. I just might survive this summer after all :)



No comments:

Post a Comment