Thursday, February 7, 2013

TWO!!

I can't believe my baby girl is two years old today. She brings more joy to our lives than I could have ever imagined. I'll post my letter to her today. I decided to get a yearly picture book made for all of my children. This letter will go in the front...

Precious Maddex,

       You capture my heart anew every day. You are the most vibrant, expressive, yet sweet and loving two year old! You are so full of tricks and I adore each one! Whether it's your Elvis, seizure, Elvis seizure, Stevie wonder, zombie impressions, baby mimicking, or silly faces - you are always making us crack up laughing. Your ability to catch on to something new is amazing! Recently we were watching tv and a commercial came on where the little boy said, "You could tape a cheetah to her back." You immediately repeated, "Tape a cheetah to back." This happens all. the. time. Your "parrot" phase is so cute! I love to see how your abilities are growing each day. Speaking of your verbal abilities, this would be a great time to record the words you say...but it's entirely too many to count! You speak in complete sentences and have such a strong grasp of word usage. You have been dubbed "the informer" because you constantly tell the adults in the room what other kids are doing. I love your sweet voice and the way you pronounce words. There is just something so precious about the way you speak. Apparently your current behavior is to be quiet & subdued at church, but everyone else knows better! We know that chatterbox begins and hardly ever shuts off - even if there's no one to listen! You get that honestly from your mama :)
       You are learning so much every day. You know most of your colors, you count (last night you were counting up to six!), and you know some of your alphabet. You love to sing songs - Twinkle being your favorite (for a while), hence your twinkle birthday party. You follow instructions wonderfully and love to throw things away (including a twenty dollar bill) in the trash. You are my sweet little helper. You are fantastic at associating one thing with another. For example, you know that you'll see Jude & Tristin at church. Or if Mrs. Kerri comes over, you immediately know that means baby Asa. You associate CeCe with Poppy and PawPaw with Nana. Mrs. Vickie's means Maggie & Mitch. Speaking of your twin friends, every day we ask about your day and every day your first response is "Maggie Mitch". It never gets old to hear you tell me about your friends! You eventually name everyone else too, but Maggie and Mitch get top billing.
     You are the BEST big sister to your baby twins. You have gone through so much change the last few months. I'll be honest, it hasn't always been easy, but you pushed through! Today, you love those babies so much. You come home asking to see them daily and love, love, love kissing them. Those kisses are always on the mouth :) I am so excited to watch the babies become more aware of you and begin to respond to your silliness. I know you are going to have a sweet bond with each one of them.
     Your daddy and I love you so very much. We love getting kisses (regular, butterfly, and eskimo) and hugs from you. We love to snuggle with you when you'll let us. We love your bright, silly, and sweet personality. Maddex, I can't wait to see you grow older (Ok, I can wait because you're growing to fast). I pray you continue to develop your sweet, silly personality. I hope you grow into a young lady who is compassionate toward others. I am so thankful that you are my biggest girl!

With all my heart,
Mama

I could write to her and about her for days. She is so spunky & fun that there's just so much to say! Each day brings a fun new trick, word, or lesson. Here are a few of my pictures of this sweet girl over the past year...































Happy birthday sweet girl!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment