Monday, February 25, 2013

Breakfast

I feel like I could talk about breakfast forever. There's a lot to say about my love for breakfast and my morning. You can imagine my morning is pretty busy with all that needs to be done...feed each baby, get ready (including a bath bc I've inevitably been puked on in the night), pack lunch, pump parts, prep bottles, make coffee, and of course, breakfast. That's where this post comes in :)

I always eat second breakfast at school. First breakfast usually happens while feeding the babies and is something simple like pop tarts! Yummmmmmm. I always eat as I'm greeting the kids because my next break isn't until 11 and four hours is a long time to go without food when nursing two babies!! Lately I've been craving a big, hot breakfast. Unfortunately I don't have time to make one and buying one daily isn't so kind on the pocketbook. I finally decided to do something I saw on Pinterest - make oatmeal packs. I figured oatmeal would be pretty filling and is supposed to be good for my milk supply. Last Sunday I made my first set of packs and I loved it so much all week! I made another set of 5 packs tonight and it took me about 10 minutes. Here's what's in each pack:

-3/4 cup oats
-about 1/4 cup brown sugar
-a couple sprinkles of cinnamon
-chopped walnuts
-dried cranberries
-dried raisin/fruit mix



I found the last three things at Walgreens today for about $4 total. This reminds me of the fruit and nut oatmeal from mcdonalds except I get WAY more! I keep a measuring cup, plastic bowls, and plastic spoons at school. When I get there, I heat up the water and then let the oatmeal sit. If we have bananas, I add slices to my oatmeal. It's amazingly delicious, relatively healthy, and very filling. And like I enjoy saying - if I can find the time to do this, you can too :)

Oh, how are the babies you ask? Well, I'm working on this post from my phone and this is my current view...



My sweet sweet Major man has been quite the drama king lately. My baby boy who used to drift off to sleep completely on his own has become so difficult to get to sleep and keep asleep! It takes lots of bouncing, rocking, holding to get him down and he usually wakes up after 45 minutes or less. His poor napping has led to some difficulty with him sleeping at night which is no fun for anyone! At about 3:00 today when he had only had two very short naps today, I decided to throw in the towel and do whatever it took to get him to sleep. We rocked and rocked and rocked. He fell into a deep sleep and I put him down for a good nap. His bedroom ( aka guest bathroom) is currently being used to bathe big sis, so I am taking the opportunity to snuggle with him again. It has been a long long time since I've snuggled my sleeping babies like this!!! He's snoring ;)

Harper conveniently has taken on Major's role. She's such an angel. She smiles, cooes, and talks all day long. When it's time to sleep, she cries for about a minute and falls into a beautiful, long sleep. She slept 8 hours last night. I sure do love that girl!!!

The babies are filling up their 3 month clothes and in size 2 diapers. We'll be headed in for their 4 month visit soon! So hard to believe!!



And Maddex is so big! Here she is jumping in a spacewalk! I was surprised by her willingness to get in and do this alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment