Friday, February 15, 2013

Maddex's 2 year check-up & birthday party

Mitch took Maddex to see Dr. Barrient at The Pediatric Place yesterday (we loooooooove Dr. Barrient!!). I was thankful to not be a part of this trip because Maddex would be getting a shot :(. Mitch said she did SO great during the whole doctor visit! She let Dr. B look in all of the openings on her face and listen to her. When they gave her the shot, she whimpered, then sat up and said "I got a bobo leg." That's my sweet girl! Daddy took her to Cane's afterwards as a treat - where I hear she was a dancing fool!

Here's the info from her check-up...

-27 pounds (75th percentile)
-34 inches (50th percentile)
-Maddex is charting to be about 5'3" or 5'4" as an adult
-She had a little fluid behind one of her tubes, so we are trying her on some nose spray (this is also a result of her seemingly constant runny nose/cough) and go back in a month
-We are planning to get her allergy tested
-She'll go to the dentist this year
-I was concerned about her protein intake because the child does not like meat. We are going to try to be better about giving her beans - she usually likes those.


I think that's the main info that Mitch relayed. He did a great job asking all of my questions and reporting back to me :)

Now - for the fun stuff! We celebrated Maddex's birthday on Saturday with a "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" party. One of my goals for this year was to plan a fantastic party for Maddex and to actually enjoy it - and I think I was successful. My only regret is that I wasn't able to talk to more of our guests - but following the 2 year old around and checking on the babies kept me pretty busy!!!

Maddex got a perfect spread of gifts: a couple toys, some things for outside and for the bathtub, lots of books, and a couple of dolls. We have such fantastic friends and family!! Maddex really seemed to love her party. She loved playing with all of her friends and sliding on her new slide from CeCe and Poppy. What she did not love was her cake & singing happy birthday!! I'm not sure what happened...I put the cake in front of her and she immediately grabbed at it. I told her "No! Not yet!" and I may have ruined it. We lit the candle, started singing, and she flipped out! I'm not sure if we even finished singing the song. She never touched that cake!!!

I was completely exhausted the day of the party...I went to bed around 11:00 the night before & got up in the 1:00 hour with the babies and then again around 4:30. A few minutes after I climbed back in bed, Maddex started screaming. I eventually went in there, hoping she'd lay with me in the rocker and go back to sleep, but that never happened. So, we were up for the day. I hoped for a nap that day, but it didn't happen! Fortunately, the babies slept for 7 hours straight Saturday night!!! Hallelujah! I'm very thankful for these days off of work to catch up from the exhaustion of the party! Anyway...back to the party. It was fantastic - full of stars, treats, and fun!

Here are some pictures from the event!


Major man was so sweet during the party

our cousins Keaten & Mynde


this girl loves pockets!



BFF Carly


sweet girls Olivia & Emmy

Birthday girl!!!

her new slide from CeCe & Poppy was a big hit!

precious boy

we loved Isaac's cape :)



BFF Audra


This girl freaked out! I ate the cake a couple days later :)

MawMaw & Major Man


PawPaw pushing Maddex in her car

Big Nasty (aka Asa)

I love me some nekkid Harper!!

this girl was a mess during the party! 

Proof that Mitch was there - I think this might be the only picture he's in!


Abram doing a little P90X core exercise

Happy Birthday to my sweet, big two-year-old girl!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment