Sunday, March 3, 2013

Prayers Please

I haven't been showing my face on the blog much lately - why,  you ask? I'm just simply exhausted. This season of my life is really kicking my butt. I desperately don't want to sound negative, but I do want to be honest. Yes, the newborn days were hard...the babies didn't sleep at night...but I had the days to rest, we were blessed with meals, and I was just high on love ;) (don't get me wrong...I'm still high on love!). I remember predicting that this time in my life would indeed be more difficult than the newborn days, and I have to say that I was right. The babies actually seem to be sleeping worse than they were a few weeks ago. This weekend I've been up 4 times a night with them. Weeks of interrupted sleep, followed by a full day of work, then home to take care of babies & Maddex, make dinner, and attempt a chore or some school work is really catching up with me. And I'm not sure there is an end in sight - which can feel very discouraging and frustrating.

I say all of this to ask for some prayer. I am finding that my exhaustion is causing me to be generally more "down" and sensitive. I am usually a very positive and upbeat person, but I've felt so drained lately that it's definitely affecting me negatively. Please pray that my babies will sleep. Please pray that the sleep I get will sustain me through my daily responsibilities. And please pray for my attitude...that I will be filled with positivity & happiness and not get caught up in the difficulties of my current situation.

Thanks for your prayers and allowing me to be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment