Saturday, December 1, 2012

Harper & Super Dad

I called the babies' pediatrician yesterday because Harper has continued to be congested (for weeks) and she spit up yellow liquid yesterday morning. After a quick google, I found that both of those can be signs of severe reflux. Partnered with her tendency to holler out between feedings like she's in pain, I started to wonder if she has reflux. We went to see the doctor yesterday afternoon and she decided to put Harper on some Zantac. She also went ahead and prescribed an antibiotic to help clear hear sinuses. It's likely the sinuses are being aggravated by the reflux, but she wants to be sure that we can get those snots cleared up. I am thankful for such a great doctor that fit us in yesterday AND called me this morning to check on Harper. She called a few times & I couldn't get to the phone...she was going to keep calling until she made sure that Harper is doing OK. We are just getting the medicine and I so hope that it helps clear up our sweet baby girl. She's really a good baby otherwise, so I'm thankful she'll soon be more comfortable!

Both babies got weighed while we were there. Harper was 8 lbs and Major was 7 lbs 13 oz. Wow! They gained over a pound each in about a week and a half.

Mitch did great with all three babies! I left the babies having "playtime." He got them swaddled and to sleep, fed & bathed the big girl, put her to bed, fed the littles and had them sleeping in their swings by around 9:00. Very impressive if I do say so myself! Then he got up this morning and took Maddex to make a gingerbread house at church. Super Dad indeed :)

Now, check out this HILARIOUS picture I took of the twins at the doctor's office. The goal was to get them in their cute outfits, but this turned out better than expected. I think it'll show up in a couple of wedding slideshows ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment