Thursday, December 6, 2012

Four weeks

Here's the four week update for the sweet twins...

Night time
The babies are doing OK at night. We had a couple of rough nights lately. One night they were just off schedule of each other, so I was up a lot feeding. Last night was a pretty good night! We gave them each a bottle around 9:45, they went to sleep easily (which they had not been doing the last few nights), and I went to bed a little while later. They didn't wake up until 2 for their next feeding which means I slept for over 3 hours straight for the first time in 4 weeks! After that feeding they were a little restless and we had trouble getting them back to sleep. The rest of the night/morning went pretty well & I stayed sleeping off and on until 10! I so hope last night is the beginning of a new pattern.

Reflux
Both babies are on Zantac twice a day right now. I do think that it's helping. They've been a little fussy/gassy today, but I'm wondering if that is due to the shake I drank yesterday and the ice cream I had today! Dairy is the one thing their pediatrician will suggest can make them fussy while breastfeeding.

Schedule
What schedule? Just kidding. For the most part the babies eat at the same time & every three hours. Occasionally they will eat more often. Even though these things are consistent, the times they do them are not. I am hoping that as I return to work the babes will settle into a slightly more predictable schedule. I'd like to know they are going to eat and sleep at certain times every day...it will help my peace of mind while being away & will help mom while she's watching them!

It's hard to believe it's been 4 weeks already! As tired as I can be, I am really trying to enjoy the snuggles and loving that newborns require. It is highly likely that I'll never have another baby this small, so I need to drink it all in while I can. I still truly believe that the Lord has given me energy and a feeling of rest during this weeks and I'm so thankful for that! I don't feel like there is much more to update! I'll have some more information after their 1 month appointment on Monday.

Maddex loving on Harper. She LOVED hugging and kissing her! She did this with Major, too and cried when we took him away!

All dressed up

Don't you wanna kiss those lips?!?!

Ready to go shopping in the sleepy wrap. She loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment