Monday, June 21, 2010

So, the news is out!

Since my last post, we've let the cat out of the bag - to be cliche'. I'll start at the beginning, we told my mom Friday night, who then jumped off of the couch with excitement! Next, on Saturday, we told Mitch's parents and his mom also jumped off of the couch :). So, more excitement! We told the rest of my family that night and saw some great looks on their faces, especially Aaron. Hannah and Sarah weren't quite convinced there is a baby in my belly. I guess they still subscribe to the philosophy of "You've gotta see it to believe it." Again, lots of excitement from Aunt Deb, Uncle Aaron, Paw Paw John, and cousins!

Sunday we told Mitch's brother & his wife and my friend Kerri at church. Mary Beth and Kerri's faces were priceless - so shocked! It was fantastic :) Kerri's husband, Todd, gave a pretty good shocked reaction too. I called a few more friends and my brother, Adam, after church on Sunday to spread the news. Then, finally, I sent out a text (thankful for technology b/c I am NOT a phone talker...) to anyone else that I wanted to tell personally, even if through an unconventional manner. Lots and lots of congratulations followed. Mitch called several of his friends to tell them that he's going to be a dad! Our excitement is definitely growing!

My symptoms have gotten worse the last couple of days. I feel more tired and queasy than I did in the first couple of weeks that I knew I was pregnant. I'm NOT looking forward to working all day at summer school tomorrow...I don't know how people do this with full time jobs! It's going to be a looooong day! My emotions are also all over the place...I watched some baby shows on TLC this morning and cried! I cried during Toy Story 3 this afternoon too! I'm not usually a crier at those types of things!

As far as other goings on in my life...my summer classes are not fun. I'm working a research proposal that is sucking the hours out of my summer. I thought it would be a good idea to take this class during the summer, but now I'm wishing I hadn't. It's taking the fun away! I'm definitely interested in the research project I'm proposing, but the creation of the proposal is not so fun. I'm enjoying time with my nieces a bit this week. I got to spend time with Hannah and Sarah today with mom while we went to lunch and a movie. I'll keep them Friday afternoon through Saturday morning. It will be an adventure! I'm so ready for July to be here...I have a few things planned, but am looking forward to having weeks wide open for resting, seeing friends, and maybe getting some school work done :)

Well, that's all for now. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment