Friday, June 18, 2010

First Post

Well, here it is...my first blog post. How overwhelming - I am now published! So, in case you couldn't figure out from the title & don't know yet...we're pregnant! Mitch and I are very excited to welcome a new addition to our family around February 11, 2010. We are certainly nervous, but trust in God's provision and care and know that He'll guide us through the process of parenthood. Wow...we're going to be parents!!! We're nuts, right?

As of now, the pregnancy is still mostly a secret. I am only 6 weeks today, but very anxious to share the news. I couldn't help but spill the beans to my bf Carrie last weekend because she's expecting as well! Our kids will be around a month apart...neither of us could contain our excitement :) At this moment, we plan to tell our family and friends this weekend. But, I'm wavering back and forth between wanting to wait a little longer and being ready to blab! I guess this will be Mitch's first Father's Day on Sunday!

I've been feeling pretty good. Definitely tired and experiencing queasiness. Nothing's been too bad yet, but I anticipate it getting worse as the first trimester continues. I've been able to work at summer school and stay pretty busy without exhausting myself. I'm also trying to continue to exercise - rode my bike twice today for about 25 minutes each time! I also have to pee, a lot! I am thankful this time of sickness and tiredness is coming during the summer. I'm not sure how I'd work all day everyday feeling this way!

I've started a blog for several reasons. I think it will be a fun way for friends and family to keep up with us through our journey. I do have a journal that I'm writing in, but I also plan for the blog to be a way for me to keep record of the next nine months and beyond.

I hope you'll join me in thanking God for this miracle and asking His blessing for a safe and healthy pregnancy, delivery, and baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment