Sunday, September 1, 2013

Nine & Thirty Months

I took the kids to the doctor on Friday for their well visits. It just so happened that the twins turned 9 months and Maddex was 2.5 at the same time! It also just so happened that all three were sick at their well visit! Dr. B thinks they had some sort of respiratory virus - they've just had the snots and a cough but have all still slept pretty well and been in good spirits. I was really nervous about taking all three to the doc by myself - the twins were getting shots, but Maddex wasn't.

When we got there, Maddex was not happy. I kept having to reassure her that Dr. B was just going to listen to her chest and look in her eyes and ears. She ended up being a great little patient! We were there for an hour and a half! Thankfully, my children were angels!!!!! The only toys I had were spoons and my bracelets, so that's what the twins played with. I ended up letting them sit/crawl on the floor because they were NOT staying in their carseats for that long!! We had a great visit, and despite the sickness, everyone looks awesome!

My favorite moment was when the nurse asked if Maddex is speaking in 3-4 word sentences. She promptly puts down her cheerios and says something like, "I'm gonna put these right here. I want to read this book." Show off ;)

Here are their specs:

Maddex

-28 lbs
-2 ft 11.5 inches (almost 3 feet tall!)
-Her head is 50 cm & BMI is 46%
-She is measuring right around average on everything (50-75%)
-We are going to work on potty training soon! We got her a little potty to practice with, but Dr. B said we are at a good age to just start feeling it out. So, that's what we'll do. I'm really in no rush.

Major

-19 lbs 15 oz
-28 & 1/4 inches
-Head is 47.5 cm
-He is right at 50% in weight & height. His head was around the 98%.
-We are going to work with the twins' learning how to feed themselves soon!

Harper

-20 lbs 9 oz
-28.5 inches
-Head is 48.5 cm
-She is measuring 75-90% on height & weight. Her head is off the charts!
-I'm not sure that I blogged about Harper's head. After her 6 month visit, Dr. B wanted to do a CT scan to see why her head was measuring so large & she has a very squishy soft spot. We took her in right near the end of the school year. Getting a 6 month old to lie still for long enough for the scan was not easy! Thankfully, we were able to keep her still and they got the scan without having to sedate her. Results showed that one of the spaces b/w membranes around her brain was larger than the other. This happens in around 15% of infants, so it's not something to worry about. If I had to guess, our other kids might have this also since their heads always measured big! We were thankful to have an answer, and that it was nothing serious.


Here are pictures of the kids being so good at our doctor visit & their official 9 month pictures.


Sporting their LSU gear on National College Colors day

Happy buddy!

9 months already!!!

Big sis in on the action

Buddy says, "I've had enough!"

No comments:

Post a Comment