Tuesday, July 29, 2014

When Mommy's Away...

Daddy sends pictures!

This past weekend I had a super relaxing girls weekend at the beach before I really get into the grind of work. I am at a new school/position/grade level, so I'm sure I'm in for a doozy of a year. It was perfect timing for me to get away and rest before the school year begins (not to mention my precious kiddos were driving me bonkers the day before)!!

Mitch was going to be on fully daddy duty for over two days. This isn't the first time he's taken charge of the kids for this long, but it's the first time he's done it with three toddlers (babies had just turned one when I last went out of town). Y'all, it's hard by yourself with three small kiddos. That's a lot of sippy cups, meals, food thrown on the floor, baths, diapers, clothes changes, yada yada yada. Not to mention the twins had some belly issues, and my sweet husband changed more than his share of poopy diapers.

One of the best parts of me being gone was the never-ending stream of pictures Mitch sent to my phone. He really was SUPERDAD while I was gone and kept me updated every step of the way. The pictures deserve their own blog post as a reminder to me (and our kiddos) in the future of what a committed, sweet, fun daddy they have.

I hope you enjoy these pictures as much as I did...several made me laugh out loud!
     

This was the first picture I got. Sure love them.


That smile. Well - those smiles! I do just melt over Harper's sweet smile!!



We have a similar picture of Maddex from over a year ago...it makes her look so goofy!!

Their response to "Who loves Mommy?" There was also a sweet video to accompany this picture. Brought joy and ache to my heart simultaneously!

First outing: Rue Beignet. BRAVE DAD!

Oh, this girl!



Second outing: Visit Mike the Tiger. The next day Mitch sent me a text that said, "Daddy I had fun seeing Mike the Tiger with you. And I had fun spending time with you yesterday too." These were sweet day's for my kiddos to spend time with their daddy!

Major wanted to hug his big sis when she got up from her nap.

Then he wanted to dance with her. Total sweetness. I often said "Awwww" aloud when I got these pictures :)


Then I got this gem of Maj stuck in a tub. How can you not laugh at that?

Followed by Maddex stuck in the same tub! Soul siblings!!!

My squish...I was requesting pics of her!

She needed snuggles bc her poor bottom was hurting :(

The caption to this pic was, "I think he's trying to tell me something."

My sweet, sweet girl

As an English teacher, this picture is one of my favorites!!! Also, notice Major wearing Maddex's crocs.

My girl. All mine. ;)

My loves!!!!

Don't worry...it was cleaned up before I got home!

Waving at me :)

My soul sister


Sweet siblings

By now I was not too far from home and my sweet big girl was groggy from her nap. When I came home, she ran to me and just giggled and giggled. It was such a precious moment for me :)


Mitch also took the kids to church twice on Sunday! They had a great weekend, and I know the kids loved getting this special time with their daddy. I am thankful Daddy takes great care of them while I'm gone, AND he takes care of my heart by keeping me updated with pictures of their precious faces!

On another note, I am really determined to get back to blogging. I read over my entries from the twins' first year and often see things I've forgotten. Each post is a reminder about this crazy life we live and helps me see the Lord's provision through it all. Ultimately, these blogs are for me to be reminded of the precious moments of our lives, but I do enjoy sharing them with friends and family that we don't get to see often enough. So, hopefully you'll continue to see updates from me a bit more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment